Sunday 4 June 2017

Mark Robberds, Ashtanga Yoga workshop - Day 1, Canggu

Back to Bali after 3 weeks in Europe during which my practice has been erratic. I did not practice at all for a full week as I am having tremendous pain in the left sit bone since the workshop in Sweden.

This morning I was very happy to go back on my mat and also a little bit anxious. How will I deal with the pain. 

After all it was fine, my left side is definitely getting sore during all forward bend so I have to adapt the practice by bending the left knee and putting a towel below my left tight each time I am bending forward for the siting posture.

Deepika noticed it and told me to continue like this, not forcing in Paschimottanasana.

I do believe it will be find, the funny thing is I did not feel any pain during Supta Kurmasana and Upavista Konasana, the pain is very present when I am bending forward with legs closer together but during a forward fold with an external hip rotation it does not bother me at all.

I am very happy to be back there and this practice even thought it was not the best practice was really good for my mind and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment