Thursday 11 May 2017

Workshop with David Swenson and Mysore Practice with Laruga Glaser

I have reached Sweden last Saturday and the temperature hit me pretty bad.... it was snowing..... from Ubud 35° to Stockholm 2°..... but I  survived !!!

I was a bit disappointed when David told us that there will be no led or Mysore class with him during the week of training. I thought that we will be practicing with him but no. Then I registered myself for the Mysore practice and was happily surprised to see that it was Laruga taking the Mysore Class. 

Yesterday to my big surprise I was able to bind on my own Supta Kurmasana.... and this morning was able to reproduce it, easily, with a little effort but no pain at all. Supta Kurmasana done :-)

Backbends are also improving a lot, I can walk closer to my feet now and it feels great.

The week of training with David Swenson is good, he is an amazing Teacher of course with such history behind me. He is teaching us how to teach the Primary series.... but without any vinyasa count, for this you have to come back ;-)

On the Yoga studio website it was mentioned that this course was not for learning the Primary Series, underlining that people should be practitioners.... However they are not, some of them did not even know what was the Mysore style.... so yes I was a little bit disappointed about it but in the end I am learning new adjustments which is good. However I am a bit frustrated as I thought it will be more about the practice. 

However (I like this word) my practice is getting really good, everything has changed, I twist more, grabbing my wrist in most of the posture when required, jumping back easily and doing Supta Kurmasana on my own was really my accomplishment of the week!

I do a Mysore practice in the morning at 6.00 AM then at 9.00 AM starts the course with David Swenson. My body can handle it without any problem and on the contrary I do believe that practicing again in the afternoon by adjusting and teaching really help me for the morning. 

So it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment