Monday 17 April 2017

Jump back and Jump through in Ashtanga

This morning I woke up at 3.15 AM...... then was in the shala by 6.00 AM and started my practice. Curiously it was a good practice, I felt more open, Kurmasana was with heels completely lifted from the floor and pelvis well anchored in the floor. Iain gave me the adjustment for Supta Kurmasana and I hold it for 10 breathes, was very happy.

However jump back and jump through are still pathetic and really heavy. I am very closed to resign from them.

I have noticed that my jump front is really getting better, I can almost jump into the asana but to dismount the posture and to lift my pelvis keeping my legs crossed toward my chest or bringing my heels toward my pelvis is still impossible for me. 

I am putting all my efforts to it.

As David Robson says "When you don't know what you're doing or just can't find some way to connect to the work you  can feel a little bit lost"..... well David, I absolutely agree with you, I am completely lost!!!

There is a beautiful thing David is saying into his video "spin your arms IN"..... I am not sure I am doing it....




So basically I am quite following all of theses instructions but still can not do any jump back without touching the floor. That means that my arms are not strong enough or maybe they are too short and my legs are too big.

This is where in the practice we find excuses, we can't do because of our body. If I recall well last year I was 200% sure that Marychasana D was not for me at all, forever and ever and now I have absolutely no problem with it, I can grab my wrist with assistance and on my own I am closer to it.

So nothing is impossible, I know it but sometimes I am just fed up of trying without any success. And they say that we should not have any expectation.....

Tomorrow is another Mysore practice tomorrow will a new try!

- Namaste -

No comments:

Post a Comment