Sunday 26 March 2017

Week 2 in Thailand - Practice is going on

I have chosen a new place for my Mysore practice. Directly from the balcony of my room.



Big enough for 2 mats, outside and ocean view. What else do I need?

Morning practice starts at 6.40 AM and finishing at 8.35 AM.

It was a sweaty practice, peaceful, with birds singing all over the place, very pleasant. No mosquitos so nothing to fear.

I have also started (again) the pranayama practice and hopefully will continue the all week. I don't know why I am so reluctant in practicing Pranayama as it is just essential to my practice.....

Nothing really to say about my practice, there is a huge improvement as my body is not sore anymore as weeks/months are passing by and actually I am in need of my regular practice. Some people says that to create an habit it takes 21 days, I will say it takes at least 6 months because after 21 days you don't really notice the change in your body as after 6 months you are not the same person at all and your body is completely changed.

I am looking forward to practice again with Iain Grysak next month.

Maybe I have travelled too much, this Island is of course beautiful, sunsets are amazing (but in Goa they are also amazing), people are really nice, beaches are too shallow to swim but the swimming pool is perfect and I do feel lucky to be here because I have chosen to come here, but I do not feel that much connection with this place. 

Sunset - Koh Pha Ngan, Thailand March 25th, 2017

It is not that I am looking for a special connection here neither that I had the plan on setting up myself here, not at all, but it is not home.

In fact I am realising that "home" can be everywhere not only in a particular place but mostly home is where the people I love are. Even thought I am criticising a lot India and mostly because of men behaviour, as it is the place where my Samyak family is living it is my home as well. I am thinking of Lipi, Megana, Arvind, Rakesh, Tipo, Aryan, Trupta, Adya, Tiagaraj even Jitou and Sidaraj and of course Shanti (our dog).

For the next 4 months I will be roaming, it is and was my choice as well, I don't really miss them but I know where is home for sure ;-)

- Namaste -

No comments:

Post a Comment