Sunday 19 March 2017

First morning practice with Mannu - Jangalika Yoga Shala - Koh Pha Ngan

The shala is located in the middle of nowhere, 3 kms from my accommodation. I took a taxi scooter in the morning to go and walked to come back.

The shala is small, only 12 students can practice altogether but the atmosphere is just awesome. Mannu is Ian Grysak's student.

He adjusted me very nicely in Prasaritta Padotanasana D, Paschimotanasana, Tryanga Mukha Eka Pada.

I have what we can call a baby kyphosis, my upper body is slightly rounded because of bad habit and mainly because of bad posture. I know it and yesterday while I was watching my back I thought that I should really work on that point.

And this is exactly that part of my body that Mannu focused on this morning. His mojo "chest forward, shoulders back". Therefore I worked a lot of pulling my shoulders down and as I am typing I am having a huge pain into my shoulder blade and my upper back.... which is good as I never really focused on that part of my body before.

Mannu asked me for the backben and I told him that no one so far (except David Roche with Sarawasti) "authorise" me to do it... so he said, tomorrow before Setu Bandasana wait for me and will do it.

2 and half week of backbend, it will be my first time, can't wait to see how my body will react to that!

I do believe that tomorrow I will be completely sore as I have been traveling quite a lot these last week and it has been a week without any real practice.... but will hold on, my body will be rewarding me.

- Namaste -

No comments:

Post a Comment